Steven Hoskinson has trained trauma therapists for nearly 20 years. Trained in clinical psychology, he founded Organic Intelligence® to complement traditional therapies for people whose bodies, minds and emotions are in distress.
How we try to help depends on how we frame ‘what’s wrong’. In fact, the focus on ‘what’s wrong’, is the essence of the problem. More Importantly, what’s the solution? Simply Resynch our psychology. In these two days, we will shift our understanding of trauma to see trauma as a physiology out of synch.
The value here is that our biology is fully capable and wants to reorganize (re-synchronize) and under the right conditions, it can. But it is waiting for us to listen to the emotions, the images, the thoughts, the stories and the sensations that are intended by Nature to restore balance, to heal…
Together we will learn the distinct phases of a system from chaos to self-organization, and learn the tools of reorganization— both innate and therapist supplied. Let’s explore together what’s meant by the biology’s “initial conditions” for self-organization:
- Connecting to the environment using the senses
- Orientation to Pleasure (Remember pleasure is the currency of Connection)
- Stabilizing Blue
1) Participants will be able to describe implicit motor patterns as they offer just enough intensity to increase threshold tolerance.
2) Participants will be able to use orientation exercises with clients to enhance stabilization.
3) Participants will be able to describe salient differences between positive and negative reinforcement and describe why it might matter in therapy.
4) Participants will be able to find and describe fractals and self-similarity.
5) Participants will be able to better recognize and reinforce spontaneous self-organizing client behaviours, emotions, thoughts, sensations, and images.
6) Participants will be able to describe some theoretical relationships between trauma and biological mis-synchrony, and the disruption of circadian rhythmicity.
7) Participants will be able to use the modulation of focused attention and reinforce integrative states, taking advantage of the brain’s operation in its Default Mode.
8) Participants will gain an appreciation for complexity science and the necessity of its understanding for lasting therapeutic gains.
Optional EXTRA Demo Day In Dublin On The 21st March
In this day, together participants will have the opportunity to experience the wonder of our natural unfoldment. Deep attunement to the self-organizing system— our human biology—will show us the way. Organic Intelligence finds the client’s natural path of evolution and meaning through experiencing the very human pathways of meaning and pleasure. This day is a favourite among OI aficionados, and of Steve, as we come together to support, to learn, and to share the experience of embodying the authentic beauty and pathos of our human nature. Participants will learn why the OI koan is: “trauma means unintegrated resource”. Our intention is kindness, our nature is compassion, and our OI mantra is “the job is enjoyment”. Tune in to Steve’s OI Podcast, “The End of Trauma” at https://endoftrauma.org, and on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-end-of-trauma/id1436230297?mt=2&ls=1]
About Steven Hoskinson
Steven Hoskinson, MA, MAT, is President of Hoskinson Consulting and Founder, CEO and Chief Compassion Officer (CCO) of Organic Intelligence® and the 501(c)(3) nonprofit Organic Intelligence Outreach Institute. Steve developed the Human Empowerment And Resiliency Training — HEARTraining® — based on Organic Intelligence, which is a positive psychology, fractal method to resolve the devastating effects of stress, trauma, and PTSD. Mindfulness-based, it is used around the world by therapists, bodyworkers, social workers and those engaged in the interpersonal neurobiology, resiliency and recovery fields.
Starting in 1999, Steven Hoskinson has trained thousands of therapists, bodyworkers, and social workers in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East in the art of trauma resolution. As a leader in the Somatic Psychology field, Steve worked as International Training Faculty for the Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute for 17 years and is currently Adjunct Faculty for JFK University’s Somatic Psychology program.
In 2007 Steve established Hoskinson Consulting, Inc. in San Diego, CA. He has graduate degrees in Theology and Psychology. Steve is a founding member of the International Transformational Resilience Coalition and the Northern California Society for Integrative Mental Health.
Steve is the Executive Producer of Hindu Lunch Box by Turkish alternative group Powerdrunk.
For a more complete biography and lineage visit Steve Hoskinson’s biography page on the Organic Intelligence website.